Mold Removal & Allergens
KleenRite offers mold removal services in the Champaign, IL and surrounding areas. Our restoration experts will come out, access the damage and give you a written proposal. Schedule a mold assessment today and breath easy.
The Environmental Protection Agency and its Science Advisory Board have consistently ranked indoor air pollution among the top five environmental risks to public health. Also, according to the American College of Allergy, Asthma and Immunology, 50 percent of all illnesses are caused by or aggravated by polluted indoor air. Over 40 million Americans suffer from allergies due to home bio-pollution. If you or your child has allergies or asthma, you already know that many things can bring on, or “trigger” an asthma flare or episode. Some things that trigger asthma attacks are called allergens. Some people get symptoms from only one allergen—like dust mites. For other people, more than one kind of allergen can trigger an episode. Mold and germs grow in wet or damp carpeting. Carpets that have been damp or wet for more than 24 hours should be removed or professionally cleaned and restored.
Tips for a healthy living space:
- Professionally clean carpets, upholstery, area rugs and mattresses on a regular basis
- Vacuum carpets at least once a week using a HEPA filter vacuum cleaner
- Do not allow carpet to remain damp or wet for longer than 24 hours
- Clean and dry window frames and sills regularly
- Clean ceiling fans and light fixtures at least monthly
- Use washable rugs at doors to catch dust, pollen, and soil. Wash rugs at least monthly
- Vacuum upholstered furniture regularly
- Damp mop hard surface floors at least weekly Dirty carpets and fabrics hold dust mites + pollens + animal dander = allergies