You don’t have to live in an environment that is unhealthy for you and your family. Let KleenRite help make some decisions regarding your pet issues as there might be an easier solution than you think.
We understand the love and friendship your pets bring to your family and just how much your dog or cat really means to you. But sometimes the messes they leave can cause extensive damage to your furniture and carpeting, not to mention the unsightly stains and strong odors. You don’t have to live in an environment that is unhealthy for you and your family. Let KleenRite help you make some decisions regarding your pet issues as there might be an easier solution than you think.
Why it’s so hard to get out
Because of a high concentration of salts, bacteria, and other organic matter, urine forms a wax-like greasy residue that resists ordinary cleaning solutions. Professionals use a moderately strong acidic solution to break down the urine solids before they attempt to remove the spot from your carpet. Mild urine spots can be cleaned from the surface, but heavier deposits affect the backing and padding of your carpet. You can either remove the padding and clean the carpet from the back and reinstall, or we can offer you another option.
We utilize special cleaners and a powerful vacuum system that removes pet urine, stains, and odors from the padding, carpet backing, and the face fibers in one step. Extreme contamination may require several visits because of a condition called “wicking.” What is wicking? Just like old-fashioned oil lamps that draw oil from a reservoir and stay damp, urine spills create a reservoir that dries out. Once they are re-wet from cleaning, the carpet pile acts like a “wick,” and hydraulic pressure pushes the moisture to the surface of the carpet. Until the urine is removed entirely from the reservoir, spots will continue to return to the surface, and the pungent smell will continue to be troublesome. Cleaning urine spots from the surface of your carpet is an “art” that even qualified technicians find challenging at times, so be patient if several visits are necessary to remedy urine stains.
The difficulty in working with pet urine
- Animals often urinate when nobody’s looking and many spots go unnoticed.
- More than 1/4 cup of urine will penetrate into the carpet’s backing and padding.
- Once the urine dries, it forms a dehydrated reservoir that’s just waiting for moisture and humidity.
- Once the summer months arrive with humidity and heat, the urine solids in your carpet are “activated,” and off-gas bacteria and ammonia create a very foul-smelling condition.
- Urine spots are sometimes hard to detect. A moisture probe and black light are tools that a professional uses to locate spots.
- In order to effectively remove urine from any carpet, all contaminated areas must be discovered and treated.
Kleenrite’s pet-odor treatment services
- Black-light detection: Urine deposits can be seen easily with a black light. Request a black light inspection the next time KleenRite visits or call to schedule a free pet treatment inspection. Make sure to request the black light.
- Simple deodorization: We can add an additive to our Residential Pre-Spray to help alleviate odors. This option is not a cure all for the problem and the odor could possibly come back. For more information on this product please call our office.
- Odor & Stain Removal: With this option we will locate the urine spots whether with a black light or our moisture sensor. This is a powder application that we mix in a 5 gallon bucket with extremely hot water and pour directly onto the spots we have located. What this mixture does is soak not only into the carpet but in the pad as well breaking down the pet urine enzymes that are in there. These areas will stay wet longer than normal carpet cleaning but while they are wet the chemical is breaking down the enzymes to remove the odor. You have a better success rate doing this application process than you do the simple deodorization. There is an additional cost associated with this, but it can save you money from having to replace your carpet and pad. For more information please contact our office.
- Full flooring decontamination: We will remove the carpet and pad, seal and treat the sub-floor, replace the old padding with new pad, reinstall the carpet, install a plastic barrier between the pad and carpet, and clean it with a saturation treatment. (We currently will have to subcontract the replacing of the pad and the reinstall of the carpet)